Thursday, December 31, 2009
Friday, December 11, 2009
Thursday, December 10, 2009
So as you may have noticed, I've started entering some contests with my artwork. Here's the latest one, a card sketch from Mojo Monday. I created it using Jeanette Lynton's Color Me Monday color choices for this week. I used some scraps from my scrap bin, and also the Snow Friends (D1244) stamp set. The paper scraps are from Perfect Day and Notebook, the reverse sides of the paper ( I love how the back side of the B&T Duos are monochromatic patterns, makes them very versatile...). If you have a card or layout from the same contests/challenges, feel free to post them in the comments. Thanks!
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
This is a fantastic promo from Close to My Heart. From now until September 30, purchase $75 in stamp sets and you can earn this beautiful kit for free. Or, host a gathering with minimum $500 in sales, and you can get it for free too! If you like, you can also purchase this outright for $49.95, either by calling me, or by visiting my website. It includes exclusive patterned papers, an exclusive stamp set and a set of die cut card bases, as well as embellishments and complete instructions. I took a couple hours last night and created these cards, it was so easy! I followed the directions for the cutting, and made 16 cards in about three hours. Now I have 16 all occasion cards in my stash, perfect for those last minute events.
Monday, August 24, 2009
Monday, August 17, 2009
Saturday, August 1, 2009
Scrapper’s Staycation - November 6-8, 2009 - Lakeview Inn & Suites, Okotoks
Postal Code: _____________
Any food allergies: ______________
Payment by: Visa Mastercard Cheque Cash Paypal (circle which)
Credit Card #: ________________________________
Many families camp as an affordable holiday. This month you can scrap those memories right away, so you don't forget the funny things that happened on your camping trip. Join us on Friday August 21 at 7 pm for the Back Country workshop. Your $35 fee includes all the supplies needed to create three beautiful layouts to preserve your memories. Register asap, as space is limited, and don't forget your paper trimmer and adhesive!
You do so much for everyone else in your life, so let Close To My Heart do something for you! From Aug. 3-17, place a minimum $124.95 order, and you will not only receive the August Stamp of the Month "It's Your Day", but you will also receive a current Level 2 Paper Packet! That's $44.45 in retail value for free! But wait, there's more! As an added bonus, CTMH will pay the shipping and GST on the stamp set and paper pack. Time is running out, so don't delay! Shop Online to place your order, or contact me directly at email@example.com.
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Saturday, July 4, 2009
Monday, June 22, 2009
Monday, June 15, 2009
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Thursday, June 4, 2009
This weeks Top Ten is brought to you by Close To My Heart!
Monday, June 1, 2009
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Friday, May 22, 2009
Click here to see the details!
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Top Ten reasons I dislike the weather today:
Would you like to have a weekend getaway and scrapbook at the same time? Look no further! Girl Talk Events, out of Calgary, is organizing a scrapbook retreat at the beautiful Creekside Country Inn in Canmore, AB. I'll be there with a cash and carry table, as well as a cool make n take. It's happening on September 25-27, and it'll be so much fun. Visit their website and click on upcoming events for more info.
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Monday, April 20, 2009
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Monday, April 13, 2009
Thursday, April 9, 2009
How is everyone's month going so far? There are some fantastic specials this month that I know you will love. First off is the Stamp of the Month. This month's is great, it's called "World's Best Dad". It's perfect for any of your layouts or cards that feature Dad's or Grandfather's. Check it out here.
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Thursday, March 26, 2009
I'm getting ready for the next class schedule, and I want to know what you want to do! There are so many choices for classes, and I'd like to customize them to fit with what you like to scrap or craft. Some ideas that I had are a paper cupcake gift card holder, a phone rolodex for your counter, layout workshops, or altered items. Let me know what you think, by responding to the posting, or emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to hearing from you!
Sunday, March 15, 2009
1. Lay out your textured cardstock strips so that they are textured side up, and the piece that has three scoring lines on it is in the middle.
2. Apply adhesive to the two end pieces of your middle strip (they are 2"x4" between the edge and the score line).
3. Attach your other two pieces of cardstock, textured side up, so that the edges meet the scoring line, and you have a 2" overlap on the bottom.
4. Accordion fold your long strip on the scoring lines.
5. Adhere the first and last square to itself, forming a heavier piece to be the front and back cover of the flip book.
6. Turn the strip so that the textured side is against your work surface. Your piece should form a mountain shape with three folds facing up. If it isn't like that, re-fold your accordion the opposite direction.
7. Apply adhesive to the bottom only of the middle two sections. This forms the pockets for the tabs.
8. Fold your book up so that it makes a book, with three folds on one side, and four on the other. Now is when you attach the ribbon to be the spine.
9. Rub the ribbon firmly to make sure the adhesive is secure, and slowly peel away from the paper. Lay your ribbon down on the work surface so that the adhesive is up.
10. Place the book on the ribbon so that there is about 1/4" on either side of the edge of your book. Press firmly on the ribbon to form the spine for your book. Cut of the excess on the ends.
11. Now adhere your front cover piece, remember it's a different dimension than all the other pieces.
12. Apply adhesive to your other seven pages, including the back page, and adhere them to the pages in your book.
13. Do the same for the tabs, adhering the white cardstock to the patterned paper.
14. Attach the file tabs to the top of the pocket inserts, and place your flower on one of the tabs.
15. Add photos (mine were 3-1/4" square) and journaling. Decide on a title, if you want, and enjoy!!
If you have any more questions, or if you wish to receive a kit for this project, please email me at email@example.com, or call me at 403-939-1332. Thanks for stopping by!